Thursday thoughts are a series to share my random thoughts with my readers so that they well get to know me a bit more. We all have a different outlook on life, feelings, emotions, and sense of humor. My Thursday thoughts series is just for fun, sharing, and to make you think of things yourself.
- Looking for the good in every situation no matter how bad things are helps with not having a ball of anxiety in your gut all day, get a good night’s sleep, and keeps you from being an angry witch. This positivity thing has made life flow much nicer.
- Way too many beautiful women are in love with worthless losers. These women need to search for the beauty within themselves; this way, they can be so confident, that pretty words without actions backing them up don’t even phase them.
- The more you grow as a person and know who you are, the more you will see who your friends are. The circle shrinks and that’s ok.
- Doing something you love makes you a happier person.
- Procrastinating on goals because of fear is just wasted time.
- Seems like cooler weather makes people more touchy feely. More hugs to go around, no complaints on that, who doesn’t like hugs?
- We won’t see the Pumpkin Spice Latte till next year, but the Caramel Brulee Latte is here! I actually had a venti this morning. Yum!
- Thanksgiving is almost here…double yum!
- I say I’m going to start Christmas shopping early every year and never follow through. I shop better under pressure, I guess…Ha ha!
- I’m super excited to finally see Doyle Bramhall II in concert. Texas Blues always make we want to drink beer. Texas beer too! (Shiner Bock Shout Out!)
- Speaking of spirits…I think it’s time for a winery visit. Nothing like a warm Merlot to warm your tummy.
- When you are near 40, you start noticing the fines lines more than the wrinkles.
- My mom is so much cooler now that I’m older…and my dad…well, he’s always been cool.
- Good friends will tell you the truth, even if it’s bad or you don’t really want to hear it.
- It’s hard to imagine how cold it is outside today when you’re sitting in a warm, cozy room filled with aromatherapy.
These are my Thursday Thoughts…to think it’s only 2:15pm and all these things have popped in my head. Amazing how the mind works. I wonder how many of you have thought about any of these things today. If you hadn’t, you are now! Have a good one, thanks for reading the blog. Till next week’s thoughts! Stay warm!
I noticed once November had started, many people on my sites began to do the 30 days of thanks…I kept mine to myself and decided to share…here they are.
30 Days of Thanks
- Family. No matter what we have all gone through, the unconditional love remains.
- Husband. Though no marriage is perfect, he has shown loyalty & support in his own way.
- Nephews. Motherhood may not be in the cards for me, but with them in my life, being an Auntie is the next best thing.
- Health. Every day I wake up free of disease and able to walk.
- Job. I get to do what I love & live my passion of the beauty industry every day.
- Home. It may not be the fanciest house in the world, but buying the house I grew up in, I get to be surrounded by wonderful childhood memories every day.
- Clients. Without them I would have no business. They truly are some amazing people and inspire me to be better for them everyday.
- My city. San Antonio is so full of humble, cultured, friendly, family oriented souls. I never get tired of visiting the Riverwalk either.
- For the busy new client filled weekend I had at work. I appreciate all the referrals.
- Being able to sleep peacefully through the night in a warm bed.
- For our military troops; if it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t have our freedom.
- My dachshund Razoo; even though I rescued him, I feel like he rescued me right back.
- Close friends that have been with me at my worst, my best, and are like family.
- For chocolate, wine, and margaritas…it’s the little things that make me happy and feel good.
- The cool fall weather; it’s nice to feel fresh and cool and enjoy wearing fall clothing.
- Neighbors; growing up with them, they have always kept an eye on our home.
- For music…it’s my escape…there’s not a day that I don’t have my earphones on.
- For technology… We are all able to keep in touch with everyone throughout our day…near or far.
- Grocery stores…it’s easy for us to just go to the store and pick up what we need. Other places in the world do not have that luxury.
- Having a washer and dryer…not everyone is as fortunate to do their laundry in their own home.
- Warm blankets! While many people are out on the streets cold, my family and I are sheltered and snug.
- Bubble bath! After a long day it’s nice to soak in some lavender infused bubbles and escape to tranquility.
- Laughter. It’s the simplest thing to make you forget your worries.
- Beauty products! I’m a spa junkie…enough said! Ha!
- In-laws. They make our family and joyous occasions even more fun.
- Days off. We all need to relax, unwind, and have a day away from work to just enjoy ourselves doing what we want.
- Highways. If you’re on a road trip, on your way home from work or just taking a random drive…you get to your destination faster.
- Thanksgiving Day! Aside from the true meaning of the holiday, yummy food, it’s a day to be with your family and celebrate being thankful for what you all have as a whole.
- Another day of life. Here I am sitting at home, in pjs, with the windows open, enjoying my day off…living another day.
- Social media. Because of all my sites…YOU are reading this.
Hope you enjoyed reading!
About the Author:
Beauty Writer & Lifestyle Blogger April M. Monterrosa is a Proud Latina from San Antonio, Texas, a Military wife, the mama of a dachshund, a licensed Cosmetologist of 18 years, Owner of The Lil Spa Room, & a Nuskin Skin Care Distributor. With beauty & blogging being such passions, Shine Beautifully was born. Shine Beautifully will feature beauty tips, home remedies, quotes, poetry, recipes, personal stories, travel adventures, & an array of other topics. Don’t forget to subscribe!