Barbecue and picnic attire usually means casual and effortless, but that doesn’t mean you have to forgo looking cute. Slip into your favorite pair of capri pants or pop on a brightly colored sundress for the perfect summer party look.
Stay away from stilettos when heading to outdoor events and functions or run the risk of a twisted ankle. Opt for wedges if you still want some height or a cute pair of slides to show off your sexy pedicure.
Prime and prep skin with a mattifying lotion or gel for a shine-free complexion that will hold up through a heat wave.
Give your hair a rest from heat styling and go natural. For curly or wavy girls, use pomades or gels to help define natural curls and beat the frizz. For straight haired chicas, let hair air-dry and apply a sand-infused spray for texture and body.
Skip heavy foundation in favor of tinted moisturizers which let your natural skin show through.
Dip tips and toes in bright polish shades for that modern pop of color on a hot summer day.
Abandon your favorite perfume and pick up a light body splash or body oil instead. The humidity and heat only amplifies the fragrance.
Slather your skin with an SPF infused lotion and remember to reapply throughout the day in order to guarantee the best sun protection possible.
I’ve grown to not be to fond of the sun the older I get, but we all know the “sun-kissed” look has always been a favorite. (Just look at Jersey Shore’s Snooki…Not.)
If you are an outdoor person and have leisure time to spare, you could soak in the summer sun to get a perfect tan. Afterall, it is the natural way to achieve that bronze glow, easy to get, economical and fun too. Otherwise you could choose indoor devices to get a ‘sunless’ tan, through a tanning bed, tanning spray or cream to tone down your skin to a beautiful, brownish shade. There are many instant and temporary tan products introduced in the market to cater to customers who prefer a quick and short-term solution.
Here are some of the ways in which you can get an even:
While tanning outdoors it is important, apply sunscreen twenty minutes before you leave. If you are entering the water, you need to apply another layer even though your lotion maybe waterproof, as water accelerates the tanning process.
Do not excessively tan yourself or use products like baby oil, which in fact burn your skin instead of tanning it. A daily dose of the relevant amount of the sun will help in getting a perfect, even, and healthy sun-kissed look.
If you are using indoor devices such as horizontal tanning beds, vertical chambers or spray booths, choose ones with lowest ultra-violet (UV) radiation and more number of bulbs. This will help getting a darker tan faster therefore reducing the exposure.
To get an even tan you need to rotate at regular intervals in all angles to get the shade of the tan evenly. You begin with one position (whether it is lying down or standing) and after five minutes turn around either on your stomach or if you are standing to your back. After another five minutes, turn to the left and right in equal intervals. This rotational process is required to avoid getting a ‘zebra’ look.
It is important to ensure that your skin in sufficiently moisturized with cream rich in Vitamin C or E in order to replenish natural oils in the skin which are lost during exposure to UV rays.
If you are trying to get a tan at home with a professional tanning spray, ensure it is only two or three shades darker that your natural skin tone in order to make it look more natural. Hold the can at least ten inches away from the body and apply in controlled and even strokes on every part of the body, pausing at the end of each stroke. This will ensure a relatively perfect tan.
It is important to know that over exposure whether naturally in the sun or in ‘sunless’ tanning indoors is harmful to the skin. You will not be able to sport a tan, as you will have to wait until the sunburn heals and your skin is ready for exposure again. Get a bronze look not a burnt look.
If you’re looking for a professional spray tan and you’re in the Stone Oak, Timberwood Park, Bulverde, Schertz, Selma, Live Oak, and San Antonio, Texas area. Contact my friend Judi Mata: Phone: 210-838-5972 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer Glow Spray Tans offers the best mobile spray tanning services any season of the year. They cater to the client & their needs by being a mobile business and accommodating busy schedules by providing their services in the location of your choice. Summer Glow Spray Tans provide a flawless full body tan without the harmful UV rays or wasted leisure time required to achieve a tan. Summer Glow Spray Tans delivers a customized solution applied by a trained professional for a seamless tan. You will have a significant color from just one session.
Benefits of Summer Glow Tanning: UV ray free, never orange, no streaks, all natural & long lasting, no harmful chemicals, all organic, paraben free, & professionally trained.
Perfect for: Bridal & Bachelorette Parties, Girls Night Out, Team & Fitness Competitions, Prom & Homecoming Dances, Fashion Shows, Birthday Parties, Year Round Tanning, Busy Professionals, Tanning Parties, & Skin Cancer Patients, & those that have received chemical peels.
Be safe bronzing those bodies Beauties!
After being at the beach all weekend I got a little more sun that I usually do. My shoulders and back went from a nice bronzy tan to a bright lobster red color. The first thing I did after taking a cold shower and rinsing away the sand was lather on aloe vera gel. Immediately, the heat from my shoulders and back were calmed down, soothed, and there was not as much discomfort. So why is aloe vera so good for sunburned skin? And what else is it good for?
The reason aloe vera is so healing on sunburn is because it has a cooling effect and provides a protective barrier over the skin to protect the burn. Aloe is incredibly moisturizing (99% water) and has the ability to penetrate four times quicker than water alone. Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant growing in the warmer climates of the world and are described as succulents. Aloe vera is a very popular herbal remedy. The Aloe vera plant (also called Aloe barbadensis) is unique among plants for its importance in natural skin care. Aloe vera contains burn healing effects, anti-inflammatory properties, scar reducing properties and wounds. Aloe vera pulp is the clear, thick substance inside of the Aloe vera leaf. (It is often called Aloe vera gel, but it is usually treated before it is used in cosmetics). Aloe is used in many skin care products because of its ability to stimulate healthy cell growth and repair damaged tissues. Listed are some other benefits of Aloe Vera to the Skin:
- Aloe vera is beneficial for cracked and dry skin.
- Aloe vera oil can be used on the dry skin to make the skin normal and shiny.
- Aloe Vera acts as a natural barrier and shields our skin from dangerous toxins.
- Aloe vera is helpful for frostbite, burns, insect bites, blisters and allergic reactions.
- All the Aloe vera products are used as a part of skin treatment regimen and keep the skin healthy.
- Aloe vera products contain the highest concentrations of healing agent which is beneficial for the skin.
- It makes the skin smooth and glowing.
- It relieves heat on the skin caused by sunburn.
- Aloe vera is used for treating various skin conditions such as eczema, burns, psoriasis, inflammations, wounds etc.
- It destroys bacteria that try to invade cuts or open wounds.
- It forms a protective barrier around achy and sore joints and muscles.
- It is an excellent skin moisturizer that keeps the skin flexible by giving oxygen to the cells which in turn increases the strength and synthesis of skin tissue.
- The products of Aloe vera are very popular among the customers due to the moisturizing properties which are best for the skin or skin disorders.
- Aloe vera improves the ability of the skin so that it can hydrate itself.
- It is helpful in removing dead skin cells and has the ability for effective penetration and transports healthy substances through the skin.
- It is beneficial for the cosmetic products such as make up, anti-wrinkle creams, facial masks, skin conditioners and lipsticks.
- Aloe vera is useful for preventing the aging of the skin. It nourishes the skin and tissues with body-loving nutrients such as vitamin E and C.
- Aloe vera gel is helpful in improving the lesions.
- It lightens dark spots on the face and reduces the intensity of pigmentation.
- Aloe vera plant is a lively ingredient in a number of different skin care products that facilitates to treat a wide variety of different problems of skin.
- Aloe vera plant has anti-inflammatory properties that assist in treating acne and pimples. Acne is a skin state in which the sebaceous glands and hair follicles become more active and inflamed and hence produce pimples. If you have an aloe vera plant, be sure to take good care of it and advantage of what it can do for your skin!
Today is Sun Screen Day! With summer on the horizon, you are probably starting to spend more time outdoors. It is essential to wear sunscreen to protect your body from the harmful effects of the sun.
Sunlight consists of ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B rays, both of which are harmful to humans. UVA rays cause suppression of the immune system, which has a negative impact on the body’s ability to protect against the development and spread of skin cancer. UVB rays cause a sunburn to occur, which can also lead to the development of skin cancer.There are more than 1 million cases of skin cancer diagnosed in the United States each year.
To minimize your risk, wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun — even on non-sunny days. Sunscreen should be applied 15 to 30 minutes before going outside and should be reapplied every two hours or after swimming. Even if you do not typically burn from the sun, your skin is still at risk from the harmful UV rays.Sun Screen Day is a good reminder to make sure you apply and reapply your sun screen whenever you go outside!