Thursday thoughts are a series to share my random thoughts with my readers so that they well get to know me a bit more. We all have a different outlook on life, feelings, emotions, and sense of humor. My Thursday thoughts series is just for fun, sharing, and to make you think of things yourself.
- Looking for the good in every situation no matter how bad things are helps with not having a ball of anxiety in your gut all day, get a good night’s sleep, and keeps you from being an angry witch. This positivity thing has made life flow much nicer.
- Way too many beautiful women are in love with worthless losers. These women need to search for the beauty within themselves; this way, they can be so confident, that pretty words without actions backing them up don’t even phase them.
- The more you grow as a person and know who you are, the more you will see who your friends are. The circle shrinks and that’s ok.
- Doing something you love makes you a happier person.
- Procrastinating on goals because of fear is just wasted time.
- Seems like cooler weather makes people more touchy feely. More hugs to go around, no complaints on that, who doesn’t like hugs?
- We won’t see the Pumpkin Spice Latte till next year, but the Caramel Brulee Latte is here! I actually had a venti this morning. Yum!
- Thanksgiving is almost here…double yum!
- I say I’m going to start Christmas shopping early every year and never follow through. I shop better under pressure, I guess…Ha ha!
- I’m super excited to finally see Doyle Bramhall II in concert. Texas Blues always make we want to drink beer. Texas beer too! (Shiner Bock Shout Out!)
- Speaking of spirits…I think it’s time for a winery visit. Nothing like a warm Merlot to warm your tummy.
- When you are near 40, you start noticing the fines lines more than the wrinkles.
- My mom is so much cooler now that I’m older…and my dad…well, he’s always been cool.
- Good friends will tell you the truth, even if it’s bad or you don’t really want to hear it.
- It’s hard to imagine how cold it is outside today when you’re sitting in a warm, cozy room filled with aromatherapy.
These are my Thursday Thoughts…to think it’s only 2:15pm and all these things have popped in my head. Amazing how the mind works. I wonder how many of you have thought about any of these things today. If you hadn’t, you are now! Have a good one, thanks for reading the blog. Till next week’s thoughts! Stay warm!
Life is too precious to stress about things that you have no control over. With so much ugliness in the world, it’s up to us to appreciate the beauty all around us. We need to take care of ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and some of us spiritually to be able to be strong for our loved ones when needed. Toxicity comes in different forms and through different people. Stay away from it; when you let toxicity play with your emotions and your heart, you only make decisions and taking routes that end up hurting you in the long run. Open you eyes and ears to awaken that part of you that feels you deserve better. And go after what is better. Those supportive of you, your family, and goals will be nothing but positive and honest. Even if it hurts your feelings. Life isn’t easy, for those that think it is, aren’t truly living. We have to be the best we can at what we’re good at. There’s a reason we each have the talents we do. Don’t waste them.
Random day off thoughts…
Texas Sunset-Laguna Madre
Many friends are going through tough times right now; some have family and friends to lean on and some don’t. All you can do is stay true to yourself, love yourself, and keep telling yourself everything is going to be ok. And before you know it, the bad has passed you by. Every obstacle I have been through I have learned something; whether it’s a good lesson or a bad, I learn something and use it for whatever comes my way next. What I have also learned the older I have gotten is that some things we just cannot control. We most definitely can’t control the thoughts and actions of others either. Try to not stress out on things you can’t change. It’ll eat you up inside.
When you feel alone, remember that you are not. You have YOU. Learn to love yourself. Know that you serve a purpose just like any other human being and the beauty of not knowing what that purpose is just means that it could be something beyond anything you have ever imagined. We are all unique and special in our own way. That’s what makes life so great and interesting.
For those going through marital/relationship problems; let go. Stay strong and take care of YOU. You cannot make someone love you and you can’t force yourself to be in love with someone. If that person is meant for you they will fight for you, they won’t give up, and they will try to right every wrong they have done. I believe in forgiveness and that you can start over if changes are made for the better. If someone leaves you to move onto another life with someone, don’t ever think it was you. Sometimes people run away from reality, get caught up in a fantasy world, or are just so unhappy they look for something to fill the void in.
Not all may agree, but I believe in karma. I think when you hurt people; you create this bad energy for yourself. I believe that we are all meant to learn a lesson after we have wronged someone; sometimes that lesson is far greater than the hurt we have caused. So before you hurt someone, think about that. Bad things also happen to good people sometimes. I think it’s to strengthen us for the good we deserve. Don’t let heartache stop you from living. Pick yourself up.
Every day I talk to people; I have some really deep conversations and I always wonder if they see what I do. Many people don’t realize all they are; how beautiful they are on the inside as well as the out. It took me a long time to love myself; to realize what I deserved and what was toxic in my life. Now that I am at a place of growth, happiness, and stability, all that I have gone through makes sense. Stay strong my friends…we only get one life…make the most of it. Good night.
You once were a dream that came true. As time went on you became a dream again; sometimes good, sometimes bad. You’re the dream that never ends, that’s aches my heart, that weakens me, that makes me wish it was reality and never is. Your eyes see all my insides, the parts no one else does, your kiss makes me feel invincible and like I can disappear to where I really want to be, and your warm embrace is like no other. It’s always been you, my dream, my truth, my broken love that haunts me, that I can not or will not ever have.
About the Author:
Beauty Writer & Lifestyle Blogger April M. Monterrosa is a Proud Latina from San Antonio, Texas, a Military wife, the mama of a dachshund, a licensed Cosmetologist of 18 years, Owner of The Lil Spa Room, & a Nuskin Skin Care Distributor. With beauty & blogging being such passions, Shine Beautifully was born. Shine Beautifully will feature beauty tips, home remedies, quotes, poetry, recipes, personal stories, travel adventures, & an array of other topics. Don’t forget to subscribe!