Does it hurt?
A little painful, yes, but the results are well worth it. You’ll eventually get used to the discomfort. Routine waxing helps to reduce the pain, and will minimize irritation.
What should I do to prepare for my visit?
You should arrive “freshened up”!
How long should my hair be?
Hair growth should be at least 1/4″-1/2″ (about 2 week’s growth) for the most effective waxing. Hair should be carefully trimmed if necessary. It should be free from oils and lotion to make hair removal easier.
How long should I wait to get waxed after I’ve shaved?
You need some growth for the wax to adhere to the hair. Hair should be at least 1/4″ (about 2 week’s growth) for the most effective waxing.
How long will it last?
The results will last anywhere from three to six weeks. I recommend booking appointments every 4 to 6 weeks. The hair eventually gets softer and thinner every time it grows back.
What can I expect afterwards?
After you get your Brazilian wax, it is likely that your skin may be slightly pink in color and feel like mild sunburn. You can apply Neosporin to calm down the area if it bothers you a lot.
What can I do About Ingrown Hair?
I recommend using a loofah sponge 24 hours after waxing. This is a great routine to do every day to get rid of the dead skin cells and help “lift” the hairs growing out. It will also help to speed up the hair removal process.
What are the possible side effects of waxing and how can they be minimized?
- Although I can not predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation, which lasts for a few hours. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible break outs.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Regular exfoliation may be helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
*An annoying consequence of shaving: hair curls into the skin and grows in the wrong direction, resulting in a red, irritated bumps that can become infected. To help avoid ingrown hairs, I recommend waxing over shaving. It helps pop out the stubborn hair out of your skin to keep the skin healthy.
The benefits to Brazilian waxing
You’ll feel all clean and shiny, and you’ll be slick during intercourse. The results will last anywhere from three –six weeks (some even longer), with no maintenance, and there’s no shave that can get you this smooth. In fact, that’s the biggest benefit — no more shaving! For me, a Brazilian wax is the way to go. A little painful (feels like a rubber band snapping at you), yes, but the results are well worth it. You eventually get used to the discomfort, and once you do you’ll never need to prop that leg up in the shower again. You’ll be happy. Your partner will be happy. It’ll be a smooth experience.
For more info or an appointment, call or text me: 210-896-4445
Live, Love, Spa,
April M. Monterrosa
The Lil Spa Room
Address: 123 Southbridge
(Inside Visions for Hair Salon)
San Antonio, TX 78216