1. Use water proof mascara just on upper lashes: This will enhance your eyes slightly and won’t look like over kill.
2. Use concealer only if you have to:Ok, so nobody has perfect skin and as luck would have it you’re probably PMS’ing on your vacation anyhow and will break out in whopper of a pimple. With that being said, go ahead and cover up any red nasty bumps. Additionally, if you have dark circles under your eyes from staying up too partaking in the booze fest at the tiki bar, then please feel free to dab a bit of concealer under those peepers!
3. Stay away from lip gloss: Unless you like the taste of sand in your mouth steer clear of anything glossy. Opt, instead, for a lip balm, preferably one with an SPF of 15 or higher. Some lip balms have a hint of color in them and should suffice your urge to pile on actual lipstick.
4. Groom your brows: Make sure you have well groomed brows (tweezed or waxed). Use a mascara spooly to brush them into place nicely.
5. Use cream blush: If you must indulge in any cheek color opt for a cream or mousse style blush. I always recommend apricot and honey colors for summer. Cream or mousse style cheek color lasts longer than powder, especially when you’re sweating your butt off in the sun.
6. Use a cream/liquid highlighter on brow bones: Swipe just a bit of liquid highlighter on your brow bones for a bit of shimmer, if you’re feeling really diva-ish blend some onto the tops of your cheekbones as well.
7. If earrings are a must opt for small stud type earrings in gold or silver. Keep it small and simple.
8. If wearing a necklace is something you can’t do without, then go with a simple chain (no charm) anything with a big charm will give you an unusual tan line and will inevitably get caught up in your wet hair. Short chains are best and concha beads are very relevant to the beach scene as well.
9. If hair is short, slick it back with product (very sleek) you can also use a heat/sun protectant product on it as well.
10. If hair is long wearing it pulled back is best. Think simple updo or a side swept low pony tail or braid.
A beach babe NEVER forgets her sunscreen! Throw an SPF of at least 30 and some bottled water with some sliced cantaloupe and cucumbers in the cooler to stay extra hydrated and you’re ready to enjoy a day at the beach looking naturally beautiful!