Years of longing finally came to an end. It was here, that one chance to feel the most unforgettable feeling in my existence. Only one night, filled with desire, love spewing from every direction in the room, it was common ground, yet still shaky with nerves of innocence. He’s the one, my long lost love, where my soul feels at home, where it belongs. His touch is like no other, it’s safe yet erotic in its own way. His kisses feel like rain, dripping all over my naive mind. And the look that he gave me is one I can only read. Night was almost over, the sun was on its way, and though it came to an end, every time I close my eyes it’s all I see.
I don’t have a problem admitting I have a huge sweet tooth, so when Halloween comes around, I tend to over buy candy. Here are some useful tips to get your money’s worth when overbuying sweet treats for Halloween.
- You can freeze candy up to a year in the freezer.
- Buy discounted Halloween candy for Christmas stockings and parties. Most kids don’t care if their Christmas candy is orange and black or if it has silver and gold wrappers instead of red and green.
- Use leftover Halloween candy in Christmas baking and for making gingerbread houses.
- Use grated or chopped chocolate in place of chocolate chips in cookies. It is easier to cut candy into pieces if you freeze it first.
- Break Butterfinger candy bars into peanut butter cookie dough.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolates on a white or chocolate frosted cake or use them to top ice cream and cheesecake.
- Mix leftover chopped chocolates into cake mixes.
- When making cupcakes, decorate the tops with one Hershey’s kiss or a mini candy bar.
- Pour some leftover candy into a basket or pretty bowl to give to someone for a special gift. Even a Christmas bag full of an assortment of candies would be a gift that would delight anyone – kids, adults, co-workers or neighbors.
- Chop up leftover candy apples for salads to give it a kick for the kids.
- Send a box of candy to the troops! They love receiving care packages, especially with candy.
- Use it for birthday party goodie bags.
- If you work at a desk or own a business, spruce up your work space with a candy jar for clients. Or stash some away in your desk for those days your sweet tooth gets a craving.