Came across this really cool USMC nail art as I was browsing online. Seemed appropriate to post today. Happy birthday to the United States Marine Corps!
Hitting the beach before summer is over? Be sure to take a walk on that warm sand for these beachy benefits!
What you need:
3 tablespoons of oatmeal
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of milk
1 teaspoon of honey
What to do:
1. Mix all the ingredients mentioned above.
2. Apply mask to hands and put on gloves.
3. Leave for 30 – 60 minutes.
4. Then rinse with warm water.
*A great tip for keeping your hands silky smooth is to keep a hand moisturizer in your hand bag or desk drawer to use regularly during the day, especially if you use hand sanitizer a lot which can be really drying. Another tip is to wear gloves when washing the dishes.
Vaseline, a.k.a. petroleum jelly is a beauty staple that every girl should have in their makeup bag. There are a zillions of uses for it and it is so inexpensive! Here’s some beauty related tricks you can do with vaseline:
1. Lip balm: moisturizes and soothes chapped lips but it doesn’t taste good.
2. Moisturizes dry skin.
3. Hand and feet moisturizer: it hydrates and smooths chapped hands and feet. Apply some petroleum jelly to your hands and feet and then put on mittens and socks. Wait about 10-15 minutes for the vaseline to soak into the skin. The result? Smoother and softer skin.
4. All over moisturizer: apply petroleum jelly all over your body after a bath. It will leave your skin soft and smooth.
5. Eye makeup remover: removes even the most stubborn mascara and soothes the eye area.
6. Scrub: mix petroleum jelly with sea salt to make your own scrub.
7. Night cream: it can be used as a night cream but you need to warm it up first.
8. Protects manicure: putting some vaseline on the base of your nails will stop the color from running.
9. Shaving: just put a very thin layer on the area that needs shaving and shave. Don’t use water. Also don’t apply too much product or it will plug up your razor. In addiction, vaseline can get a bit greasy, but it will leave your skin soft, smooth and moisturized.
10. Highlighter: apply it on cheeks and undereye area for that dewy look.
11. Softens elbows: apply some vaseline to elbows daily. It will soften them.
12. Lipgloss: apply some lipliner all over your lips and top it off with vaseline for instant shine.
13. Maintains fragrance longer: apply a thin layer of vaseline on your wrist before spraying perfume on. It will make the scent last longer.
14. Lip exfoliant: apply petroleum jelly to your lips and wait a few minutes. Then, using an old toothbrush, scrub your lips. This will exfoliate lips, leaving them very soft.
15. Protects skin from hair dye: apply some vaseline around the hairline before coloring your hair to protect your skin from the harsh chemicals contained in the dye.
16. Conditioner: Apply some to the scalp before shampooing to condition it.
17. Seals in split ends: if you put some vaseline on your split ends, it will seal them in and make it look like they aren’t there. But don’t do this too often as it will take a couple of shampoos to remove vaseline from your hair.
18. Cream blusher: mix some vaseline with your lipstick to make your own cream blusher.
19. Prevents uneven tanning: just put some on dry spots before applying fake tanning lotions.
20. Moisturize and tame eyebrows: putting a small amount of vaseline on your brows before going to bed will not only moisturize them, but it will mould them into place too.
21. Prevents chafing: just apply some vaseline on the areas that need it, such as heels and the balls of feet.
22. Stains remover: it removes makeup stains from clothes.
Barbecue and picnic attire usually means casual and effortless, but that doesn’t mean you have to forgo looking cute. Slip into your favorite pair of capri pants or pop on a brightly colored sundress for the perfect summer party look.
Stay away from stilettos when heading to outdoor events and functions or run the risk of a twisted ankle. Opt for wedges if you still want some height or a cute pair of slides to show off your sexy pedicure.
Prime and prep skin with a mattifying lotion or gel for a shine-free complexion that will hold up through a heat wave.
Give your hair a rest from heat styling and go natural. For curly or wavy girls, use pomades or gels to help define natural curls and beat the frizz. For straight haired chicas, let hair air-dry and apply a sand-infused spray for texture and body.
Skip heavy foundation in favor of tinted moisturizers which let your natural skin show through.
Dip tips and toes in bright polish shades for that modern pop of color on a hot summer day.
Abandon your favorite perfume and pick up a light body splash or body oil instead. The humidity and heat only amplifies the fragrance.
Slather your skin with an SPF infused lotion and remember to reapply throughout the day in order to guarantee the best sun protection possible.